Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Culture Shock and Adjustment for Skidmore College



A week before I started to move my things from Carlisle, PA to Queens, NY I get an email from Kathy Hemingway Jones
Associate Director of Student Academic Services at Skidmore College asking if she could re-use my painting Dreamer for a packet for her international students orientation. I didn't have a problem with it, but I no longer had the original painting or a good photo of it. I still had the drawing, so I accepted the offer on the grounds that I could also design the packet.

This isn't an everyday illustration, since how do you do a mailer to a college you might say. She found me by accident through google in search of Youtube videos of a graduate who did a great lecture on culture shock whom goes by the name Daniel Fishel. I just got lucky she found my artwork. This job taught me a few things indeed about the business side of illustration and also getting back into using indesign. I havent used it in a few months so I was rusty and glad to get back into it.

You can also view the packet as a PDF by clicking here to view it.

1 comment:

Randall Nichols said...

Your work is just brilliant.