Monday, July 27, 2009

You have to put some miles on top of that book learnin


You Don't Know Until You Go

The website is updated with six new images. Later tonight or tomorrow I will be updating the PDF and later on as well upload some of my sketchbook pages. I have reached 24 images on the main page so it looks like I am going to have to re-design the layout alittle soon so you art directors, art buyers, ect.... dont have to scroll up and down the page to get to my thumbnails.

The image above is also the mailer image I sent out this month. If your on my mailing list, you'll get it sometime this week, if not, email me I'll send ya one. I have plenty left over.

The image above was inspired by the movie "Henry Rollins: Uncut from South Africa". I am really inspired by Rollins, not only because he played in one of my favorite 80's hardcore punk bands, Black Flag, but because of the way he lives his life. Clear minded, Self-reliant and a thrust for knowledge beyond what a book can give. In the movie he talked about reading about townships in South Africa and made a ton of arrangements to go down there to go beyond the book to really see what is going on down there. I hope that I will be able to travel more internationally in the coming years to do just the same, but until then I will tackle New York City.

SVA MFA classes start in almost a month from now!

No comments: