Thursday, April 16, 2009

3x3


Communication/Ely Thesis #3: Lifetime Record Cover

I am pleased to announce that I got a piece into the 3x3 illustration magazine student show. A merit to be exact. When I found out, I jumped out of my chair. I was even more surprised when I found out that it was the piece above.

It's actually kind of funny. I added this piece last minute, because it was one of my thesis project pieces that I kinda liked. The file I sent though was revised later on. The hand on the girl pointing is now drawn better, the tattoo was removed for the ely but I put it back for the post, and the same guys pattern is different from what I submitted. I hope they don't mind me sending them the revised version for hanging later this year and if they ask for a new file for me to give them, I hope to send them the revised.

We'll see! Back to drawing...

4 comments:

Edward Kinsella III said...

Why would you want to? Your stuff is badass.

Maria Filar said...

congrats!

Jorge Mascarenhas said...

Congratulations! They might want the older version, but who knows...it's a great image anyways.

Anonymous said...

Great colors on this one!