Thursday, October 9, 2008

Charity T-shirt Press Release

Like I said before, I am really glad to do some kind of good with my art and vision for some kind of cause. In high school your always told "well what are you going to do with your life?" and when you say your going to be a artist they think you are going to make pictures for galleries or making commercial art while other people have real jobs that effect things around them and around the world.

Well with this project, I kinda do effect the world. Atleast alittle bit. I want to thank the Wonder Years for contacting me to design this for them, and the Heart of Gold printers, for putting their efforts for such a awsome cause that we can all believe in and look into.

I hope to do more charity work in the future for causes that I can believe in.

Thank you,

-FISH

----------------------------------------------------------------



Do something worthwhile!

I've been sitting here for a while trying to think of exactly what I wanted this to say without offending anyone or any organizations. I think I'll just put it this way: it's amazing that kids into punk rock and hardcore are into being charitable, but, in my opinion, the money isn't going to where it's most needed. Realistically, most of us here in the good old first world have it pretty sweet, comparatively speaking. There are families all over this world who can't manage to eat much less sit and mull over the inanities that make people in this country depressed. I am guilty of getting down on myself and my life from time to time. We all are, but there are people that have it much harder and in my opinion, those people are who need your help. I think it's about time I put my money where my mouth is on this issue and so I've organized this whole thing to help. We have this VERY limited T-shirt design for sale. We're only going to sell 50 of these bad boys and ALL of the profits will go to buying a cow for a family in a third world nation through The Heifer Foundation. The cow will not only provide enough milk for a family and neighbors, but will give birth once a year to a calf that will be given to another family in order to continue the cycle. This is possible through the charity of Daniel Fishel for donating his artwork and Heart of Gold Clothing for donating their time and talent to print and ship all of these shirts. They are truly some of the best people I know and I thank them for their help in this endeavor. Below you will see EXACTLY where your money goes when you buy one of these shirts. There is literally nothing skimmed off the top. Costs are covered and the rest goes directly to purchasing the cow. Also below, I have included some quotes from the Heifer Foundation's website so you know exactly what it is you're helping. This is a good cause and a dope shirt to boot. On top of all this, all shirts will be transported to shipping via bicycle so we're even being eco-friendly.
Get into it!

Total cost to you (including shipping)*- $17.
00
Cost of each shirt- $2.
00
Cost of oversized screens (total)- $50.00 ($1.
00 per shirt)
Cost of shipping per shirt*- $4.
00
Money donated per shirt- $10.
00

"A good dairy cow can produce four gallons of milk a day - enough for a family to drink and share with neighbors. Milk protein transforms sick, malnourished children into healthy boys and girls. The sale of surplus milk earns money for school fees, medicine, clothing and home improvements.


And because a healthy cow can produce a calf every year, every gift will be passed on and eventually help an entire community move from poverty to self reliance.
Now that's a gift worth giving!" –Heifer Foundation

* Overseas shipping adds $2.



If the link doesnt work: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=20466985

No comments: